Help on a Job Descriptions

Nathan Blackham kemotaha at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:00:26 MDT 2012

Guys,

I know I stay mostly quiet on this list, but I need some help.  I
recently took over as manager of a new team responsible qualifying our
OS on new hardware as well as new kernels and OS components on
existing hardware.  The process is currently mostly manual, and the
goals is to automate this testing as much as possible.  In addition to
the qualification, the team owns building out test hardware as well as
deploying the qualified OS to production so that new builds can use
the newly qualified OS.

I am struggling to create a good job description for the positions
that I have open on the team.  I am hoping that you can help me create
some solid job descriptions that would catch your interest and make
you think about applying.  I have 2 categories of positions: Software
Developers and System Engineers.

The System Engineers that I am looking for would be the ones to run
the tests, build the test capacity, and deploy out the software.  I
want Engineers who will work hard on scripting the process away so it
is automated and less error prone.

The Software Developers that I am looking for are ones who want to
build test automation, including automating workflows, testing, and
analyzing results.  Much of the testing is performance testing as
well, so people who are passionate about benchmarks and making sure
that we are testing the right stuff.

I am happy to share the job descriptions that I currently have but
would love to have ideas from the group about the things that you like
to see in a job description.

And if any of you are interested, feel free to contact me and I will
be happy to talk to you more about the positions.

Thanks Guys,
Nathan Blackham