Health problems from cybernetics?

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Fri May 18 12:52:18 MDT 2012

The movie is Johnny Mnemonic.  (He had to at times erase part of his
childhood memories to store all the data.)
(I'd give the movie a C-.  It was cool concept - but it just didn't deliver.)

What I'd really like to see...
In the 1990's AT&T had an ad, showing someone pushing a grocery cart
full of groceries right thru a scanner and
then the total would be calculated - no need to empty the cart.
I guess the idea was RFID tags on each package.

That was in the 1990s - Twenty years later and we're still buying
groceries the same dumb way - and I hate waiting in line to buy my
food!

What happened?