Health problems from cybernetics?

Alan Young alansyoungiii at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:51:14 MDT 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> somewhere about a guy who had implanted himself with an rfid capsule.
> I realize this is totally offtopic, but does anyone know about this?  I
> tried googling everything I could think of related to it and found no info.
>
> I mean if this were the case then you would think folks would be implanting
> themselves with all kinds of stuff to make life easier.  For instance, it

This is called transhumanism, or human+. Searching the google for this
word will get you a metric crapton of info about it.  The basic idea
has been around since the first pegleg was attached.

The most recent story I'm aware of ( http://goo.gl/oqUpX ) involves a
guy implanting a magnet in his wrist to attach his ipod to. He claims
it stays on even while jogging.  He calls it the first strapless
watch.  It's quite fascinating to watch.

A side note, if you're mormon and interested in this idea you could
check out http://transfigurism.com , a site dedicated to "human
exaltation through charitable use of science and technology," making
human+ and mormon theology work together.
--
Alan Young