Health problems from cybernetics?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:08:10 MDT 2012

Sometime ago there was a movie about a guy who had his brain upgraded with
a computer so he could be a courier for sensistive information.  A coworker
and I were discussing this and it lead to an interesting discussion about
the future of healthcare where many people have various implants.
My thinking is that the risk of infection & rejection are pretty high and
will remain so.  My coworker disagreed and cited some example he had read
somewhere about a guy who had implanted himself with an rfid capsule.
I realize this is totally offtopic, but does anyone know about this?  I
tried googling everything I could think of related to it and found no info.

I mean if this were the case then you would think folks would be implanting
themselves with all kinds of stuff to make life easier.  For instance, it
would sure cut down on bitcoin theft if your bitcoin wallet was on a
microsd card embedded somewhere on your body right?