Ways to moderate a meeting

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:40:23 MDT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Robert Merrill
<robertmerrill at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, geeks. I realize this isn't linux related or open source, but I need
> help.
>
> I am going to be part of a public meeting soon and I want there to be an
> electronic way to capture questions and feedback from people in the
> audience (the virtual version of passing a note to the moderator to ask a
> question of the panel).  Is there any tool you know of that can do this?
> For example, Google Moderator? But can I use Moderator for a small meeting?
>
> Any thoughts?

Moderator doesn't appear to have any size restrictions.  Seems like it
would work.  You could also use a web gateway to IRC or a XMPP MUC
channel.  Or you could write your phone number (or a pay-as-you-go
phone SIM with SMS purchased for the event, if you don't want to share
your number) and have people SMS the feedback in.  Or you could hand
out note cards and pencils. :)

        --Levi