Ways to moderate a meeting

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:26:29 MDT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Eric Jacobs <eric at chomp.us> wrote:
> You could rustle something up with socket.io and node.js in about an hour (including design/polish) if you really wanted to. http://socket.io/

Assuming socket.io is not broken at the moment.  Last time I whipped
something up with socket.io and node.js, it was completely screwed up
for about half of the people I got to try it, through no fault of my
code.  That was quite a while ago now and hopefully they've (the
socket.io guys, not node.js guys) fixed it and not broken it again.  I
was not very impressed with their commitment to software quality,
though.

And someone with node.js and socket.io (and probably express or
something as well) experience could probably whip up a working
prototype in an hour, but it does take significantly longer than that
if you're not familiar with the tools.  Are you people who are
suggesting that something could be whipped together quickly with your
tool of choice offering to do it? Are you also going to offer tech
support for the event when your whipped-up prototype breaks?

        --Levi