Verifying in IE

Richard Esplin richard-lists at esplins.org
Fri May 11 09:46:29 MDT 2012

I recently had to deal with this. A few tips:

* I smoke test using this free service which provides some good information and a screen shot:
http://www.webpagetest.org
* I do more in-depth testing using this paid service which provides great cross-browser testing: http://www.browserstack.com/
* I do my debugging using the developer mode in IE 9 which will emulate each other version of the browser, plus compatibility modes. Access developer tools with F12.
* The only way of testing each version of IE with certainty is to install them on different virtual machines, but we decided the other methods were good enough for our needs. We'll go this route if we need to respond to a specific complaint.

Good luck,

Richard