How to assign foo.local domains with zeroconf

AJ ONeal coolaj86 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:02:35 MDT 2012

I thought the whole point of mDNS was for a device on a network to be able
to advertise itself so that you can go to `ping foo-device.local` and get
it's IP address.

For example, I've got a Western Digital WorldBook that I access from any
computer on the network as `big-guy.local`.

... maybe I should just reboot it and wireshark its network traffic.

AJ ONeal