Survey questions

Steve Meyers steve-plug at spwiz.com
Tue Mar 13 15:32:11 MDT 2012

I'd like to get a better idea of what people are interested in for PLUG
meetings, so I thought we could do a survey.  Before I publish it, I
thought it would be helpful to make sure I have included answers that
should be included, so we don't end up with a bunch of "Other" answers.
  So, please let me know what you think of these questions and the
possible answers I came up with, and if there are any additional
questions or answers you think would be helpful.  Thanks!

1. What operating system do you prefer for servers?
  - Ubuntu
  - RHEL (or compatible)
  - Suse
  - Gentoo
  - Slackware
  - Debian
  - Fedora
  - Arch
  - Mint
  - Windows
  - OS X

2. What operating system do you prefer for desktops?
  - Ubuntu
  - RHEL (or compatible)
  - Suse
  - Gentoo
  - Slackware
  - Debian
  - Fedora
  - Arch
  - Mint
  - Windows
  - OS X

3. Do you manage Linux servers?
  - Yes, 10+
  - Yes, < 10
  - No

4. Do you manage Linux desktops/laptops (not including your own)?
  - Yes, 10+
  - Yes, < 10
  - No

5. Do you run Linux on your personal desktop or laptop?
  - Yes
  - No

6. If you are a programmer, which languages do you typically use?
  - Java
  - C/C++
  - Perl
  - PHP
  - Python
  - Ruby
  - Objective C
  - Javascript
  - OCaml
  - I am not a programmer

7. If you use databases, which databases do you typically use?
  - MySQL
  - PostgreSQL
  - Oracle
  - MS SQL Server
  - DB2
  - SQLite
  - Sybase

8. Which shell do you prefer?
  - bash
  - bsh
  - zsh
  - csh
  - ksh

9. How proficient are you at shell scripting?
  - Expert
  - Moderate
  - Beginner
  - None

10. Which windowing environment do you prefer?
  - KDE
  - Gnome
  - Unity
  - Enlightenment
  - Xfce

11. What tablet(s) do you own, if any?
  - iPad
  - Kindle Fire
  - Android 2.x (Gingerbread or older)
  - Android 3 (Honeycomb)
  - Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  - WebOS
  - Windows
  - Blackberry

12. What smart phone(s) do you own, if any?
  - iPhone
  - Android 1.x
  - Android 2.0 - 2.1
  - Android 2.2
  - Android 2.3
  - Android 4
  - WebOS
  - Windows
  - Blackberry

13. What other semi-related topics are you interested in?
  - Telephony
  - Arduino (or similar)
  - ???

14. Which meeting times would you be able to attend?
  - Tuesday 6:30pm
  - Tuesday 7:00pm
  - Tuesday 7:30pm
  - Wednesday 6:30pm