coax splitter - need signal booster?

Wade Preston Shearer wadeshearer.lists at me.com
Sat Mar 10 21:36:22 MST 2012

I have a 100" boom HDTV antenna in my attic. The signal goes down into my basement where I split it four ways to the various rooms in my house. I am in the process of finishing my basement. I will have three more rooms there that will need a signal. I don't currently have any signal issues (length of run, concurrent draw, etc). Will I be fine simply upgrading to an eight-way splitter [1] or would I be smarter to get a splitter with a signal booster [2]? What exactly does a coax signal booster do?

[1] http://www.amazon.com/Coax-Coaxial-Cable-Splitter-Signal/dp/B0050N5JJO

[2] http://www.amazon.com/8-Port-Bi-Directional-Amplifier-Splitter-Booster/dp/B000WDR94U