JOB: Agile-friendly Software Development Manager @ Fusion-IO, Salt Lake City

Robert Merrill robertmerrill at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 16:59:04 MDT 2012

/*
All, I am seeking someone interested in taking on this challenging
role. This is an opportunity to have measurable impact on our product
development, which some might say is changing all of computing. This
job is not yet posted on our website, but I am pre-seeding the
interwebs with this in the hopes you or someone you know might be the
right person for this.  Email me rmerrill [at] fusionio [dot] com if
interested. Interviewing immediately. A handy/portable link to share
is http://bit.ly/MRgNyW. It's web-friendly, so feel free to share on
FB, G+, Twitter, etc. if you want.  Thanks ~Robert Merrill, Sr.
Technical Recruiter, Fusion-io.
*/

Company: Fusion-io
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Software Development Manager – Salt Lake City
Description

Fusion-io seeks an experienced software development manager to lead
development on our mission-critical acceptance test automation
platforms. We are seeking an individual with proven experience leading
software development teams to productive outcomes leveraging
technologies such as Python, C, and C++ and working in an agile/lean
framework. We are seeking someone who has a strong ability to provide
guidance and vision, clarify and track processes for accomplishing
engineering tasks, but with a clear bias toward results over process.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience successfully
leading a software development effort using agile/lean methodologies.

Responsibilities:

* Define and execute effective software development practices
* Lead day to day software development activities with a small, experienced team
* Track requirements and development schedules
* Delegate design, development, and test tasks
* Interface with both internal and external customers

Requirements:

* B.S. in Computer Science or related
* At least 3 years experience in a software development leadership position
* Prior individual contributor experience doing software development
* Experience with Python, C, and/or C++ development

Company Introduction

Fusion-io is the pioneer of a new storage memory platform that
significantly improves the processing capabilities within a data
center by moving process-critical or active data closer to the CPU
where it is processed. Called shared data decentralization, this
significantly reduces latency while increasing data center efficiency.
Fusion’s integrated hardware and software solutions leverage
non-volatile memory for enterprise-grade performance, reliability,
availability and manageability.

Founded in 2006 by a management team with experience in transaction
processing, high-performance networking, storage, superclusters, and
computing and image processing, Fusion-io recognized that mechanical
storage architectures do not keep pace with advances in digital
processing power. This meant that despite major advances in
technology, data processing was limited to the speed of legacy storage
infrastructures. Without a solution designed to maximize their
capabilities, modern CPUs sit idle while they wait for data to
process.

Fusion-io solves the data supply problem with a new purpose-built
solution. By combining hardware and software to develop a reliable
storage memory platform, Fusion-io gives servers native access to data
to accelerate enterprise databases and applications. This allows
enterprises to significantly reduce complex and expensive high
performance storage, high performance networking, and memory-rich
servers. In addition to accelerating performance, Fusion’s storage
memory platform also reduces energy consumption and total cost of
ownership.