build out of a server advice

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 04:18:11 MDT 2012

If this is for a home media server, I would suggest an Unraid server. Unraid is basically a customized slackware install that uses a parity drive designed specifically for home media.

I have been running a 24tb Unraid server for about 4 years. I have had a couple a drive failures over the years an it has worked perfectly.

--
gs