JOB: Senior Systems & Database Engineer

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:13:03 MDT 2012

Hey guys, my employer is looking for a sharp admin/database guy.  If
you're awesome, please send me your resume.  Below is the burp about
us and the position's requirements:

Senior Systems & Database Engineer

Alianza is the leading provider of hosted voice solutions for the
wireless broadband industry. We have helped over 50 of the industry's
leading operators launch the highest quality, most advanced voice
solutions; including the first ever commercial Voice over WiMAX
offering and VoIP over satellite. Interested Engineers must enjoy
being part of a dynamic, high-performance engineering team. The
qualified candidate will have a strong background in Linux, databases
and overall expertise in high-availability systems management.

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE:
* 5+ years Linux systems administration experience (Red Hat and/or CentOS).
* Senior level understanding of the LAMP stack.
* Experience with JBoss, Tomcat, Hibernate, Infinispan, Solr helpful.
* Expertise with database design, configuration and maintenance (MySQL
and/or MS SQL).
* Complex scripting experience required - (perl, python, PHP, etc).
* Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex systems.
* Provide leadership with the installation, configuration, management,
and automation of the Linux infrastructure.
* Proven team leadership or management experience helpful.
* Experience with virtualization technologies – (Xen, VMWare)
* Experience in maintaining configuration consistency across large
server environments.
* Experience with Chef or Puppet a plus.
* Recommend improvements to facilitate better management and
monitoring of the environment.
* Must assume shared ownership of the Alianza voice platform and to
assist in architecture decisions and implementation of technology that
will provide 99.999% availability.
* Ability to work well with a team, or individually.
* Well rounded communication skills are required.
* Mentor and train other staff in best practices.
* Maintain a healthy work/life balance.

Thanks,
-Bryan