FW: Overstock Software Developer Openings

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Wed Jul 25 08:38:08 MDT 2012

Hear, hear.

Maybe I'm just too pragmatic, but in general I just try to be reasonably
familiar with the tools, and pick the right one for a task.  It doesn't
matter whether we're talking programming languages, editors, or Linux
distros.  Just look at the task, look at your arsenal of tools, pick the
best one for the task at hand, and move on.

Honestly, people who insist on using one tool (albeit a good one) for
every task, really frustrate me.  No tool, no matter how good, is the
right fit for every task.  It's like trying to write a webpage in
assembly, or a device driver in JavaScript.  It just isn't the right
fit, and you'll spend inordinate amounts of time trying.

Okay.  Done ranting for now.

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab