ARM Colocation

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at
Thu Jul 12 17:11:10 MDT 2012

This may not sound *amazing* ...  I'll toss my hat in on this one since it
sounds like fun.

You could get a range of public IP's from COMCAST, and plug them into your
home system. $50
Each device is treated as a "node", e.g.: with dynip (just
in case)
Set up a primary website, set up paypal, create marketing buzz on the wave
of the whole arm dev scene(?), do a free beta trial run, and it will get
going quickly.

I bet you could have this happen in less than a week without incurring
contractual obligations larger than what you already pay out for.

Once you get it rollin' only *THEN* you move it to a datacenter in a rack
.... And because you used dyndns, it looks like you upgraded everything by

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM, AJ ONeal <coolaj86 at> wrote:

> I've had this idea for a while, but I don't know how to go about it...
> I want to buy 10 RPis and 10 Pandas and stick them all on a single rack
> with a switch and a high-power usb hub and then rent them out for $5 /
> month as dedicated servers to people that want to develop on real ARM
> devices.
> I would need physical access to be able to create SD cards for people and
> such (or maybe emulate SD cards with an arduino....) and to have several
> public facing IP addresses.
> Any ideas?
> AJ ONeal
> /*