Electrical Engineering Position

Lane Brooks lane at brooks.nu
Thu Jul 12 13:49:15 MDT 2012

I am owner of a hardware and software contract design company. We
specialize in data intensive applications such as imaging and video on
both mobile devices and desktop PCs. We take on design projects running
the gamut from software to hardware to integrated circuits. I have a PhD
from MIT and extensive experience in electrical engineering and computer
science.

We have more work than we can handle right now, so we are looking to
hire an entry level electrical engineer. Why am I posting this to a
Linux users group? Well I am actually looking for someone who is also an
avid Linux user and who enjoys dabbling in software and embedded systems
as well. I care more about creativity, work ethic, and intelligence than
I do about experience level. I am specifically looking for someone to
help with the design of PCBs, verilog code for FPGAs, and embedded
systems development. While a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering would
be nice, if you are smart and have dabbled in hardware design, I would
be willing to consider hiring you. Interest in cameras, photography, and
video is a huge plus.

If you are interested, please contact me off-list. We are located in
Highland, UT.

Thanks,
Lane Brooks