Perl Modules: CPAN vs Yum

Steve Meyers steve-plug at spwiz.com
Tue Jul 3 18:15:17 MDT 2012

On 7/3/12 6:05 PM, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 11:14 -0600, Tod Hansmann wrote:
>> Why don't the devs just include any libraries they want inside the app
>> they want you to deploy.
>
> And here we have a perfect illustration of why sysadmins hate
> developers.

And vice versa. :)

As a sysadmin, I try to make clear with the devs that my job is to help
them do their job better, but I need their cooperation to do my job
better as well.  I explain the constraints and concerns we have in
sysadmin land, and try to work out the best compromises.  In some cases,
that has meant bundling libraries, but in a more controlled manner.

Steve