Perl Modules: CPAN vs Yum

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Mon Jul 2 18:27:07 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 11:40 -0600, Jacob Albretsen wrote:
> My reason for updating Math::BigInt is because Math::BigInt::FastCalc
> complains about the version and fails bunches of test.  Although, if I
> understand right, Math::BigInt is part of the core modules, and my spidy sense
> tells me messing with those might cause more problems than it solves.

The quickest fix is to edit the spec file, appending to %install
commands that deletes the man pages.

However, you have just started on the path to a whole new world of hurt.
At this point, I would be asking if this software is worth it. If it is
worth it, would it make sense to host on a single purpose VM running a
different distro?