Jacked network bridges

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sun Jan 29 10:33:20 MST 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Kenny Long <long.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suggest reviewing the output of brctl showmacs brX after attempting
> communications.  For network B are all of respective  guests MAC addresses
> there?

Kenny,

I'm going from memory here, but brctl showmac (on the bridge that
supports network B), does show the macs of the interfaces in set X
(working) but not set Y (not working). Also from memory, the arp
tables in set X don't have entries for interfaces belonging to set Y
and vice versa.

However (and still going from memory), when running brctl show, it
*does* list each of the interfaces from set X *and* set Y in the
bridge for that network. It almost feels like there is a kernel
parameter that's not set properly and that's preventing the traffic
from being passed on via the bridge.

Any additional thoughts? Oh, BTW, when I get a chance, I'll verify my
memory by double checking these few commands.

Thanks,
Gabe