Jacked network bridges

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sun Jan 29 00:16:04 MST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM, John Shaver <bobjohnbob at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having a hard time following everything that is going on here.

Yeah, it's hard to follow --long and rambling :)

> If so, my guess would be that subnet masks aren't set correctly
> between the 2 groups of guests on network B and their gateway?  What
> are the IPs and subnet mask of the clients and gateway?

I don't think it's an IP level issue (but I'll consider anything at
this point). I think it's layer 2.

Anyway, I double-checked and the subnet looks good:

IP: 10.25.0.X
subent: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 10.25.0.1

Thanks for the additional input. You've got me thinking about it some
more. I might just draw a picture as a way to help me think it over
some more :)

Best,
Gabe