Soft Phones

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue Jan 24 13:54:47 MST 2012

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:13:14 -0500
"Daniel C." <dcrookston at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Kyle Waters <unum at unum5.org> wrote:
> > I'm actually always rude when their sales men drop by and do my
> > best to talk over their heads.
>
> Why would you be rude?  If it's an attempt to get them to not come
> back, I've found that very politely steering the conversation toward
> dental hygiene practices works wonders.

Why, indeed, be rude? Wouldn't it be simpler to just say, we aren't
interested, and please don't waste either your time or mine in future?

If that doesn't work, well, having an M1911 on your hip when you answer
the door works wonders on all sorts of sales people. Except LDS
missionaries, but at least with them you get to discuss guns instead of
religion.