Soft Phones

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 13:13:14 MST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Kyle Waters <unum at unum5.org> wrote:
> I'm actually always rude when their sales men drop by and do my best to
> talk over their heads.

Why would you be rude?  If it's an attempt to get them to not come
back, I've found that very politely steering the conversation toward
dental hygiene practices works wonders.  They'll always try to bring
it back to their sales pitch, but just keep going back to their
toothpaste choices, flossing patterns, etc.  Ultimately this isn't any
more polite than insulting them, since it wastes their time and makes
it clear you're not interested, but at least the interaction is
pleasant on a personal level and if you see them in the grocery store
or something it doesn't make things awkward.

Also, the number of questions you can ask about dental hygiene is - if
you're creative - nearly limitless.

-Dan