Soft Phones

Richard Esplin richard-lists at esplins.org
Tue Jan 24 11:31:16 MST 2012

I hope all my friends at Jive excuse my ignorance . . .

Does Jive provide the softphone application? I thought Jive provided a hosted backend for the VOIP PBX, but that users were free to use any SIP softphone?

I don't see much discussion of the user experience on the Jive web page, but the administration portal does look a lot easier than rolling my own PBX.

Richard

On Tuesday January 24 2012 11:16:39 Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have done some work with Jive communications, they are based locally here
> in Utah and have very nice (and affordable) products for these sorts of
> things:
> http://www.getjive.com/
<snip>
> > On Tuesday January 24 2012 11:05:29 Kyle Waters <unum at unum5.org> wrote:
> > >   We're looking at soft phones for a call center setting,  I'd
> > > appreciate any information about recent experiences with running soft
> > > phones,information about phones that can run on both Linux and Windows
> > > would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Kyle Waters
<snip>