Zoneedit API

David Haak david.haak at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:51:32 MST 2012

I am trying to write some automation scripts using the Zoneedit API,
and running into roadblocks. There is documentation here
http://www.zoneedit.com/doc/api/intro.html , however anything beyond a
simple curl request does not seem to behave like is documented.

This works fine:
$ curl -X POST -i -d "action=getIP" https://newapi.zoneedit.com/Util.action
123.456.789.123

Despite the statement about format in the intro.html doc, the
following does not return results in XML format:

$ curl -X POST -i -d "format=XML&action=getCountries"
https://newapi.zoneedit.com/Util.action

I have looked through Google, and cannot seem to find an example more
complex than the first curl command. Authentication requires a
"teamId" parameter, which I cannot find either in the documentation
listed above or in my zoneedit account properties upon logging in. If
anyone has experience scripting commands to the zoneedit api, I would
be very appreciative of an authentication example in
perl/python/ruby/curl/etc, or a link to some more helpful examples.

Thanks.
Dave

--
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be
a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the