Interesting Read - Lobbyist threatens politicians who refuse to stay bought.

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Mon Jan 23 16:45:32 MST 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Henry Paul <henry at paulfam.com> wrote:
> Is this really news to anyone? I mean it's almost comforting in a way to
> see this in print, but this kind of thing has been going on for years
> and years and years...... Politicians are either being "bought" by
> lobbyists or they enact or change laws from which they can profit
> personally.

Or, they do something today for a guaranteed high $$ job after their term is up.

The system has become a failure--it devolved into the epitome of a
conflict of interest ages ago, and there's just no simple way to
reboot it.

I read a stat years ago that there were on average 1000 lobbyists to
every elected official. That's 3 favors (just meals? yeah right.) a
day year-round. How anyone could fail to see the problems with this
scenario--or worse, think that there is no problem--that democracy (of
the people, not lobby sponsors) is still actively functioning is
beyond me.