Servers on the quick

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Fri Jan 20 14:18:03 MST 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Mike Lovell <mike at dev-zero.net> wrote:
> On 01/19/2012 02:54 AM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
>> I've got a couple SuperMicro servers that I've been sinking my time
>> into. They've been nothing but poorly documented/supported and
>> disappointing. I was trying to make them work as I have an approaching
>> deadline, but enough is enough.
>
> what kind of problems are you having? i've used a ton of supermicro gear
> and i've had to work through a few problems in the past. i'm just
> curious about what problems you're seeing.
>
> mike

I have had decent luck with penguin computers in the past.
I have never successfully ordered an HP server--all the resellers I've
attempted to use simply wasted my time--I'd spend 1/2 hour on the
phone detailing the specs I needed, only to have them email me a quote
ten minutes later that contained nothing remotely like what we had
just discussed...