It Worked [Was: Wikipedia Blackout (& work around)]

Richard Esplin richard-lists at esplins.org
Wed Jan 18 16:35:16 MST 2012

There are many good reasons, but I'll offer a pragmatic response:

Requiring party affiliation pushes candidates toward extreme positions in order to win at the primaries. These candidates are often not moderate enough to represent the unified interests of their constituencies, nor willing to compromise sufficient to achieve even minor objectives.

BTW, you don't have to be a registered Democrat to vote in a primary in Utah.

Richard