It Worked [Was: Wikipedia Blackout (& work around)]

Dan Stovall dbstovall at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:41:37 MST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com>wrote:

> "By Wednesday afternoon, Senator Orrin Hatch, Republican of Utah and one of
> the Senate bill’s original co-sponsors, called it “simply not ready for
> prime
> time” and withdrew his support."

While I am glad that he is withdrawing his support for the bill, his
reasoning clearly leaves the window open for him to broach this subject
again, especially the "not ready for prime time" statement.  This is not
the first time that Hatch has proposed heavy handed legislation in an
attempt to combat piracy, and it won't be the last.  I can only hope that
he is rebuffed every time.  If nothing, this is another example to the
state the Orrin Hatch does not represent their interests when it comes to
drafting and supporting legislation in the Senate.  Perhaps one day there
will be enough examples for us to be rid of him.