Wikipedia Blackout (& work around)

Richard Esplin richard-lists at esplins.org
Wed Jan 18 11:09:23 MST 2012

I contacted his office over the DMCA to ask why the interests of California media companies was more important to him than Utah technology firms. His staffer pretty much told me that I don't matter.

He is a dinosaur who doesn't listen to his constituents. He should have been voted out long ago, but he has very tight control over the Utah Republican machine. It drove me to the Utah Democratic party, where a moderate Utahn can actually have a voice.

Richard

On Wednesday January 18 2012 10:47:56 Brad Midgley <bmidgley at gmail.com> wrote:
> almost defiantly is an interestingly ambiguous stance.
>
> but yes everyone needs to contact Hatch and let him know he's out of
> touch. I contacted him to tell him before that this kind of law made
> by and for big media was wrong and "he" (aka his staffer) came back
> saying how proud he was of the dmca. He is elected by people not the
> media conglomerate!
>
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Kyle Waters <unum at unum5.org> wrote:
> >  http://projects.propublica.org/sopa/UT
> >
> > Includes stances and phone numbers.
> >
> > As you can see Chaffetz has already said he is opposed.  I was told by a
> > member of Lee's staff that's he'll "almost defiantly vote against it".
> > And Hatch of course is a supporter of the laws(the only office that had
> > to put me on hold).
> >
> > Kyle
<snip>