estimating projects

Bart Whiteley bart.plug at whiteley.org
Wed Jan 11 09:43:18 MST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Wade Preston Shearer
<wadeshearer.lists at me.com> wrote:
> Whether you're using Pivotal Tracker or not, what do those with scrum experience recommend?

Let me pull out my scrum poker card deck. It contains 0, 1/2, 1, 2, 3,
5, 8, 13, 20, 40, 100, Pi, infinity.
Pi means "it's time to stop estimating and get a snack."
I have four scrum card apps on my phone.  They all use that same
scale, with minor variations.  One is missing '100', another is
missing '1/2', some throw in a '?'.

I think that's fairly standard for scrum.  We've been doing it for
several years and I've never heard anyone complain about the scale
(though they do complain about other aspects).  I don't see a reason
to invent something else.