planning, tracking, reporting, project management

Benjamin Francom bfrancom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:05:49 MST 2012

I was just looking at something similar project management/timetracker,
etc. that was open source that I could run on  a linux VM.  This has a nice
clean UI, but I didn't see an iOS app...though it looks great in a browser
on a tablet.
http://www.collabtive.com/

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Wade Preston Shearer <
wadeshearer.lists at me.com> wrote:

> /me rubs his butt after getting big by the cross-post monster
>

> On 6 Jan 2012, at 15:02, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
>
> > When it comes to projects/task management, I like less features than
> more and a nice, clean UI. If I'm going to be using something every day, it
> needs be easy and enjoyable. It also needs an iOS app (or at least a good
> mobile version).
> >
> > My team has been using Flow [1] for the past several months. It's really
> nice, but it's WAY over-priced for what it does. All it is is a list.
> Generally this is sufficient for me, but I'm finding I need more than a
> list. I need to see project status, burn-down charts, and be able to track
> projects, bugs, and backlogs. Most of the time when you ask for those
> features though you get a massively bloated app. I stubbled across PlanBox
> and Pivotal Tracker today though and am intrigued.
> >
> > Has anyone used these apps/services?
> >

> > Plan Box
> > http://www.planbox.com/features
> >
> > Pivotal Tracker
> > http://www.pivotaltracker.com/
> >

> > I like how Pivotal has a native iOS app and an API (in case I want to
> feed bugs into it).
> >
> > Any other tools you'd recommend?
> >

> > [1] http://getflow.com
> >
> > /*