remote/local multi-user xwindow question

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Mon Jan 2 19:45:30 MST 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> I always prefer the open source solutions as well.  But when you say "as
> a potential user I'm a little hesitant to give it a try when I read
> things like that" I don't really know what you are talking about.  If
> there's a commercial product that fits my needs well at a cost I like, I
> have no problem buying into it.

I agree.

However, the time I have to learn and try things is pretty limited
these days. I like to know that can learn something and be able to
practice it without having to pay for additional licensing. My
motivation is purely intellectual curiosity. If I were trying to solve
a problem for a company or some commercial venture, that would be a
totally different story.

Anyway, hope that help you see where I was/am coming from.

Best,
Gabe