remote/local multi-user xwindow question

Adam Stevenson adamstevenson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 18:12:19 MST 2012

> I have been able to successfully setup X11vnc to display :0 for
> whatever user is currently logged in.  While I've been able to play
> some decent practical jokes on my kids with that, it doesn't really do
> what I need.

I run a virtual ubuntu box on my server in the basement, and thin
client that just runs X.  Then I forward the X connection on the
virtual box to the thin client unencrypted using a /etc/Xn.hosts file.

It is much much faster than X over ssh, or VNC, fast enough that I can
watch Youtube videos pretty well over the connection.

Doesn't solve all your problems, but it's worth looking at.

http://osr507doc.sco.com/en/GECG/X_Disp_ProcAccessByHost.html

Thanks

Adam