Weird glitch/bug with c++ program compiled in Ubuntu? or am I doing something wrong?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:48:03 MST 2012

On 02/15/2012 02:51 PM, John Shaver wrote:
> I write all my homework assignments in Ubuntu
> and then cross compile them for windows since we're required to turn
> in a windows executable.

Just have to say that is awesome that you are getting experience in
cross-compiling.  So glad for mingw32.  The only issues I've run into
come from mingw's use of the very old msvcrt.dll, which can be a problem
when you're writing code that gets loaded into an existing app running a
newer version of msvcrt.

At one time I was developing an app targeting OS X and Windows with Qt.
 Back then (PPC OS X 10.3) I could build a complete cross-compiling
environment quite nicely that, when combined with Qt's nice build tools,
emitted either a complete .app bundle for OS X, or a windows EXE all
wrapped up in an nsis installer.