Perl Hangout

Alan Young alansyoungiii at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:17:08 MST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 23:29, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok I know I'm a bit out of the loop, but how does this compare with
> IRC, or some of the other technologies out there?

A Hangout is just a video conference that easily degrades per user to
voice only then chat only with no or little effort on the part of the
user.  Also, anyone can share an individual window or their entire
desktop.

Until bandwidth is more ubiquitous and, well ... more, this won't
compare to IRC.  I'm not sure it ever will.  While IRC is good for
real time interaction and oob chatter during an event it isn't really
good for presentation and tutorial.
--
Alan Young