Apple and dual monitors

Steve Alligood steve at betterlinux.com
Mon Feb 13 13:52:45 MST 2012

AFAIK, the USB on the DualHead2Go is only for power.  The unit itself
shows up to the computer as a single monitor with the width of the two
displays together, and the two displays must both use the same resolution.

Of course, your laptop will have to be able to support the new
resolution as a single monitor.

-Steve

 From http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/dh2go/faq/

*How does DualHead2Go work?*
Your computer's video output normally allows only one monitor to be
connected to it. If instead of plugging a monitor into your system's
video output you plug in a DualHead2Go, your computer interprets this
device as one double-wide monitor, so it outputs a single extra-wide
image. As you have two monitors connected to your DualHead2Go, the
DualHead2Go takes the left half of this extra-wide image it receives
from your computer and sends it to your left monitor, and sends the
right half to your right monitor. In this manner, DualHead2Go
effectively lets you drive two separate monitors from a single video
output.