Apple and dual monitors

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Mon Feb 13 12:56:56 MST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM, James Noble <noblejames at gmail.com> wrote:
> The end goal here is to have 2 external displays that are the same size.
> When you have one display that is a 15inch and the other is a 27 inch
> display it is a hassle dragging windows from one monitor to the next.  Even
> the original example I gave with the USB to DVI adapter may not work
> because of screen resolution.

Ok, that situation would require Thunderbolt displays.  Though it's not really
a limitation on the Mac, it's a benefit that you can chain Thunderbolt
displays.  PC laptops don't have that option. AFAIK.

In order to run two external displays on a laptop you don't have a lot
of options.
Either use the Matrox DualHead2Go (PC/Mac) as previously mentioned, or get a
Mac w/ 2 Thunderbolt displays.