Apple and dual monitors

James Noble noblejames at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:21:47 MST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Jessie Adan Morris <
jessie at jessieamorris.com> wrote:

> On Monday, February 13, 2012 12:00:43 Lonnie Olson wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM, David Smith <dave at thesmithfam.org>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you do this with two external displays?
> >
> > No, the OP said dual-monitors, not triple. Triple monitors is also
> > very difficult to find on PC laptops.
> > So I assumed we were only talking about two screens.  Built-in and 1
> > external = 2.
> >
> > Triple screens (built-in + 2 external) is problematic on most laptops.
>
> I think you are still misunderstanding. I believe he wants 2 external and
> 0 internal for a grand total of 2 screens.
>
> It might be possible if you can find a thunderbolt -> DVI adapter or
> something similar,
> otherwise internal + one external is going to be your best bet.

The end goal here is to have 2 external displays that are the same size.
When you have one display that is a 15inch and the other is a 27 inch
display it is a hassle dragging windows from one monitor to the next.  Even
the original example I gave with the USB to DVI adapter may not work
because of screen resolution.