Apple and dual monitors

Jessie Adan Morris jessie at jessieamorris.com
Mon Feb 13 12:04:19 MST 2012

On Monday, February 13, 2012 12:00:43 Lonnie Olson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM, David Smith <dave at thesmithfam.org> wrote:
> > On Feb 13, 2012, at 10:52 AM, Lonnie Olson wrote:
> >> Just get the appropriate adapter and you can use any normal DVI
> >> display in a Thunderbolt Mac.
> >> http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB570Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5OQ
> >
> > Can you do this with two external displays?
>
> No, the OP said dual-monitors, not triple. Triple monitors is also
> very difficult to find on PC laptops.
> So I assumed we were only talking about two screens.  Built-in and 1
> external = 2.
>
> Triple screens (built-in + 2 external) is problematic on most laptops.

I think you are still misunderstanding. I believe he wants 2 external and
0 internal for a grand total of 2 screens.

It might be possible if you can find a thunderbolt -> DVI adapter or something similar,
otherwise internal + one external is going to be your best bet.

--
Jessie Adan Morris
jessie at jessieamorris.com
(801) 210-1526