Apple and dual monitors

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Mon Feb 13 12:00:43 MST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM, David Smith <dave at thesmithfam.org> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2012, at 10:52 AM, Lonnie Olson wrote:
>> Just get the appropriate adapter and you can use any normal DVI
>> display in a Thunderbolt Mac.
>> http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB570Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5OQ
>
> Can you do this with two external displays?

No, the OP said dual-monitors, not triple. Triple monitors is also
very difficult to find on PC laptops.
So I assumed we were only talking about two screens.  Built-in and 1
external = 2.

Triple screens (built-in + 2 external) is problematic on most laptops.
 Apple's Thunderbolt implementation doesn't support the third display
chained off the attached external monitor.  Hence Wade's mention of
using a USB based display.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4885