Apple and dual monitors

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Mon Feb 13 10:52:23 MST 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM, James Noble <noblejames at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have seen that some people on this list use Macs for development. So
> hopefully someone will have done this.  I have some developers that would
> like to use them as well but I don't want to pay for the dual monitors from
> Apple with the Thunderbolt port. As far as I can see the only way to
> connect dual monitors without Thunderbolt is to use the mini to dvi cable
> and then connect another monitor through a usb port. Has anyone either done
> this and been happy with the setup or has anyone come up with a better
> solution?

No, you do not need to buy an Apple Thunderbolt display.  They are
really cool, but not needed.
No, you do not need to suffer with a USB display.  They are workable,
but not as nice.

Just get the appropriate adapter and you can use any normal DVI
display in a Thunderbolt Mac.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB570Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5OQ

--lonnie