AnyConnect on linux - was Re: Apple and dual monitors

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 21:43:24 MST 2012

On 02/12/2012 09:31 PM, Doran L. "Fozz" Barton wrote:
> I understand their rationale, though. The desktop support folks don't want to
> support lots of different platforms. We use Cisco AnyConnect VPN which is
> kind of hit and miss on Linux, from what I understand. We also need to be
> able to use GotoMeeting/GotoWebinar which is NOT supported on Linux.

AnyConnect is actually fairly well supported on linux with pure open
source components.  If you have the openconnect package installed and
the openconnect component of NetworkManager installed, it works quite well.

Since AnyConnect is SSL-based, and since openconnect seems to work with
it, I wonder if someone could make an AnyConnect-compatible VPN server.
 I know there's OpenVPN of course.