Apple and dual monitors

James Noble noblejames at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 13:33:56 MST 2012

I have seen that some people on this list use Macs for development. So
hopefully someone will have done this.  I have some developers that would
like to use them as well but I don't want to pay for the dual monitors from
Apple with the Thunderbolt port. As far as I can see the only way to
connect dual monitors without Thunderbolt is to use the mini to dvi cable
and then connect another monitor through a usb port. Has anyone either done
this and been happy with the setup or has anyone come up with a better
solution?