Linux Expertise In Demand?

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Fri Feb 10 15:55:56 MST 2012

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/02/10/linux-popularity-sparks-salary-jump/tab/print/

Looking forward to viewing the full results. The last survey Dice released
showed relatively flat demand. Does this jive with what anyone is seeing?
Anyone get a larger than normal raise in 2012, or a raise at all? Anyone get
any recent offers that significantly lifted their salaries?

I've talked to a few recruiters who have indicated recent salary offers for
experienced Linux professionals have jumped 20-30%. I've not seen it
personally, and I'm not at all inclined to believe what a recruiter tells me
about salaries. My experience has been that the last few hold outs who were
paying their IT departments poorly had to bring them to parity with the
market. Not so much a raise as it is a flattening out of the industry.

Curious what experiences, if any, people have had.

-Ryan