Value of work: WAS Re: JQuery Pro

Bryan Petty etierra at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:16:21 MST 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Jonathan Duncan
<jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:

> On 10 Feb 2012, at 09:30, Jason Van Patten wrote:
>
>> I'm currently at 16.50 and i do everything from sysadmin through db
>> admin on through to server side code up to javascript and stop just
>> short of visual layout. I even do interface flow and some css and html
>> and i do it from multiple languages. perl php and .net  mostly and
>> various sql's and servers. If what you are saying is true.. then i am
>> getting seriously ripped off.
>>

> Jason, you are getting the shaft.  It is currently a developer market.  I would ask for a huge raise or look for a different company.

Completely agreed. This is a piss poor pay rate for that kind of work.
I know several companies that would be more than happy to pick you up
at at least $20-$25/hr, especially *right now*. Don't sell yourself
short.

The jQuery pro for $21/hr though sounds about right really, assuming
that the person hired on really does have jQuery, and mostly only
jQuery experience. It would be a waste otherwise if they also knew web
scripting languages like PHP/Python/Ruby though.

Regards,
Bryan Petty