Recommendation for accounting software?

Jason Van Patten jason at infogenix.com
Fri Feb 10 12:17:08 MST 2012

On 2/10/2012 11:58 AM, Daniel Fussell wrote:
> On 02/09/2012 12:50 PM, Nicholas Leippe wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Gabriel Gunderson<gabe at gundy.org>   wrote:
>>> Sounds interesting... how can I learn more?
>>>
>>> Gabe
>>>
>> I'm having a small party tonight at my place--just a few friends,
>> family and neighbors--come join us.
>>
>> p.s. bring your checkbook
>>
>> :)
>>
> I just had a great idea; we write a package to manage MLM's with
> yada-yada complex compensation schemes, generations, leveraged, and
> residual, etc.  We give it away with free setup, and per-minute support,
> maybe hosting as well.  In the maintenance contract, we set up  some
> small percentage of every generation for every compensation period in
> perpetuity.  We'll be rich!
>
> I'm just waiting for someone to throw one of these parties over YouTube,
> that'll be the day.
>
> ;-Daniel Fussell
Having worked for a company with a similar business model i can firmly a
test you will not get rich. Of the 6ish MLM clients i've helped set up 5
didn't know their commissioning system was illegal and 4 didn't know
their commissioning plan was driving their customers away. None of them
understood recursion or the problem it present, and 3 of them changed
their commissions at least 5 times before coming up with one that was
legal. Only one had one that was legal and fair when they came to us.
Additionally the vast majority want spam tools replicated websites and
to be treated like royalty. You would need a full on tech support center
to field the calls from their staff trying to figure out how their
commissions works for at least the first three months after launch and
another team of laywers to explain to them the laws so that when they do
break them they will listen to you when you tell them you have to shut
them off when they are breaking laws.

That or we host it in Russia/India..

Jason