no degree impedes climbing the ladder, was Re: mysql issue

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 11:40:44 MST 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
<fozz at hypermoo.com> wrote:
> I can firmly testify that for people in our lines of work ...
> earning an academic degree mostly represents that you're capable of
> jumping through figurative hoops

One of the primary differences between the experience I'm having and
the "jumping through hoops" experience that others seem to have is
that the degree I'm pursuing - while focusing in large part on
computer science - is actually a liberal arts degree.  The work I'm
doing outside of computer science has been surprisingly interesting
and useful.

-Dan