jQuery Pro?

Joshua Marsh joshua at themarshians.com
Fri Feb 10 09:53:57 MST 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 01:25, Jonathan Duncan
<jonathan at bluesunhosting.com>wrote:

> LOL, I am looking for one too.  If you find one, I will arm wrestle you
> for him.  :)

What is the definition of a jQuery pro? Do the number of dollar signs in
your javascript help?

jmarsh at jmarsh-linux-laptop:editor$ fgrep -r '$' js ../common/js/ | wc -l
761

I have a good notion of why they are hard to find. Most of the time when I
see listings for front-end UI guys with expert skills in jQuery, the are
offering somewhere around $60K. As a Senior Engineer, I'm making twice
that. Can I do jQuery? Definitely. Would I like to do it full-time? Sure,
it's programming like anything else. Would I do it for half my salary? Nope.

So, I work as a Senior Engineer and dabble in the in jQuery, HTML5, and CSS
when the project needs it or in my free time.