Value of work: WAS Re: JQuery Pro

Jason Van Patten jason at
Fri Feb 10 09:30:26 MST 2012

On 2/10/2012 9:21 AM, Dennis Muhlestein wrote:
> On 2/10/12 9:03 AM, Jason Van Patten wrote:
>   >  do. Bidding starts at 21 an hour or equivalent salary.... but seriously
> Do people really only value web work at $2x an hour?  I haven't done any
> for a number of years (and I'm glad I found it boring and repetitive but
> that's just me.)  Still though, I think you could do a little better in
> today's economy.  Am I incorrect?  My employer's products don't deal
> much with the web so perhaps I don't have a very good current comparison.
> -Dennis
I'm currently at 16.50 and i do everything from sysadmin through db
admin on through to server side code up to javascript and stop just
short of visual layout. I even do interface flow and some css and html
and i do it from multiple languages. perl php and .net  mostly and
various sql's and servers. If what you are saying is true.. then i am
getting seriously ripped off.