Hiring devops and developers

David Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Thu Feb 9 17:47:05 MST 2012

On Feb 9, 2012, at 4:19 PM, Levi Pearson wrote:

> So, regarding the dogfood factor... are candidates for these positions
> interviewed through your own service?

Yes they are.

> Did you go through an interview that way?

Yes I did.

> I am willing to be convinced that it's a valuable service,
> especially for HR departments, but I'm curious how people who have
> used it as a job seeker like it compared to the phone and in-person
> interview combination.

We have a live video interview service, which I like better than a phone interview, both as a candidate and as a hiring person. We also have an on-demand interview service, where candidates record their videos whenever they want. We use on-demand videos in place of a phone screen for this position. If the on-demand video goes well, we bring candidates in to the office.

It works surprisingly well.

--Dave